Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend highlights

A quick overview of highlights from my relaxing fun weekend.

1) I went to a stag and doe for a highschool friend on friday night. I won a tent! So now when I go camping in Algonquin in August I have a new tent.

2) In keeping with the wedding theme I went to a bridal shower saturday afternoon for my good friend Cheryl. It was fun and not as naughty as I expected:)

3) I bought a bag for my yoga mat which is made entirely out of recycled soda bottles. Pretty cool:)

4) Baking. I missed baking while I was in Rwanda because even after I lived in a place with an oven it was an electric oven and it cost about 10$ worth of power just to make tea biscuits. Saturday I made cinnamon buns which tasted yummy but didn't come out of the pan very well so they look gross. Now I am making yummy french bread. I love the smell of bread baking!

5) The weather. I'm glad I'm not buried in snow like people in Calgary! I am very much enjoying the 20+ degree weather and spending time outside. If it had been this nice out when I got home a month ago the transition would not have been so hard!

This week I start my new job at World Vision. I am not looking forward to all the driving to Mississauga because the 401 is crap and gas is tres chere but since I only have to go 1-2 times a week it should be ok. I am still looking into car pooling or finding another means of public transport to save money and the environment, but so far no luck.

1 comment:

  1. Lolo, we might come visit in August, and I was totally thinking of taking a camping trip with friends/family/anyone cool. Want to join forces?

    ReplyDelete