Friday, July 21, 2006

time crawls by

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I have been on the internet lots for the past while but I have been searching for jobs and not having much luck, so there is not much to say. I have sent out lots of applications and resumes but so far no responses. Grr. My best friend Pam is in Human Resources at a call centre and Air France is one of their clients. So I might get a job there, answering the phone in french. I just hope my french is still good enough!! It is much harder over the phone!! I have also applied for several office type jobs. I HATE job hunting!!

Last weekend my Waterloo Girls went to Tdot :) for a couple days. We stayed in a fun hotel and did lots of touristy things. I bought this really great handmade fairly traded skirt made of vintage saris that you can wear three different ways and is reversable. I LOVE IT!! I got slapped on the ass by some crazy guy on the street. I didn't know exactly how to react to that, but since other guys on the street started yelling at the guy I figured I didn't have to do much. The other girls were pretty shocked I think. Maybe all the marriage proposals and being followed around grocery stores has numbed me to it a little, but I wasn't too creeped out. It was actually kind of funny. As we walked towards this guy he was acting all crazy, throwing a coin up in the air and stuff - pretty sure he was high, or maybe not all there - and then he winds up and I could see it coming but couldn't really do anything about it. Crazy people in Toronto!

We also went to the docks nightclub on saturday night. We had a lot of fun and left around 2:30am. Sadly we had a hell of a time getting a cab back to our hotel. They all kept telling us that they had already recieved a call or that they were waiting for a better fare. Apparently 10.00 is not a good enough fare! After meeting a bus full of fun people headed to Brantford, several desperate guys who had yet to pick up for the evening (gee, wonder why?...) and many people in the same position as ourselves, we finally got a cab and got back to the hotel at 3:30am. It as a bit of an adventure!

As for the pizza mentioned in a comment on Paul's blog, it never happened. For one thing, my parents have no yeast which I figured out just before I set out to make the dough and then realized that it was already 27 degrees in the house and I didn't really feel like turning the oven on in that heat. So pizza is on the menu for next week and yeast is on the shopping list! Details to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Lolo, I love smacking your bum. And I can always count on you to return the favour. =)

    ReplyDelete