Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Beam me home Scotty!

If only! I have decided that while I love to travel, I hate airplanes. Hate is a strong word, but it applies. I am not afraid to fly - in fact it is pretty cool. I just hate planes. It took us two days to get to Rwanda - three flights - and more than 20 hours to get home, also three flights but with less layovers, to get home. If only transporters like the ones in Star Trek really existed. Than I could go to Africa and back when ever I wanted!

Anyway, despite the neverending trip, I am home safe and sound. Rwanda was amazing. It is such a beautiful country with such amazing people. I loved being there and really I didn't want to come home. The trip was affirming, challenging, fun, sad, hard, comfortable. So many different conflicting but complimentary things. We saw and experienced so many things and I have only been home two hours so I don't think I can describe much of it yet. Pam already came over for a walk so we could chat more because we're both still processing. When I have things sorted out I will tell more, but for now I am home.

2 comments:

  1. Hoorah, you are home! Glad to hear that the trip went so well - I can't wait to hear all your wonderful stories :)

    ReplyDelete