Wow. I am so tired! I feel like this day has been going on forever!
It started with a marathon staff meeting. It went on for three hours! And since only half of it was in english - they translated everything for me which was great - I caught myself spacing out pretty frequently. Then I spent time getting ready for my grade 5/6 class which is supposed to be at 4. Supposed to be is the key part of that sentence. I should not have been surprised that it was postponed. I had so much trouble getting that class started in the first place! But of course it was postponed. This time it was because all the girls were moving into different rooms. Of course no one told me that they were doing that at exactly 4 o'clock until two minutes before I was going to ring the bell. C'est la vie.
I just finished teaching my grade 7-12 class. That is really what made me tired. First of all, I have never before realized the difference four extra people can make. Last term I had 21 students in that class and it seemed easily manageable, well at least most days. Now I have 25 and it is a crazy house! Also, several of my kids from the younger class moved up so now there is a pretty large gap in what the kids understand and can do. I had to re-explain a simple assignment five times! Some kids like Mvuso and Bongani were finished in two seconds but it took other kids closer to half an hour! And that was after it was explained to them in Xhosa. I am so at a loss as to how I am going to teach these kids all at the same time! I guess I will think of something - I have for everything else I've come up against so far... Time for bed. Mmmm sleep....
No comments:
Post a Comment